Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flowers, Poetry, and Poo?

For those of you who read this blog and don't have kids yet, one day you will learn that there is a lot of talk about poop when you have a little one!  

As soon as they enter the world, have they passed meconium yet?  You learn to talk about poop during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  You learn all about poop explosions...which diapers hold it in and which don't!  Then, sometimes, no diaper in the world is ever going to hold it in!  You become somewhat obsessed....  He's pooped 5 times today, is that possibly normal?  He hasn't pooped in 5 days, is that normal?  Is it smelly poop?  Is it green poop?  Is it yellow poop?  And, so you get the idea....

Well, now that Alex is eating more solid food, his poop is on the change again.  A change for the bad, that is.  It's smellier, it's thicker....it's just down right more disgusting!!  It has me rethinking my cloth diapers and thinking those disposable diapers can make it out to the trash can very quickly and I never have to see or smell them again!!!

I guess I've been complaining a lot about his poop to Jeremiah because a couple of weeks ago he sent me flowers and the following poem about poop!

Roses are Red and Violets are Blue,
I'm Sorry that Alex has such smelly poo.
If I were there I would bear it with you,
But I'm not so all I can do is send flowers just for you!


It was very sweet and funny of him, but I do hope he knows it's not going to get him out of changing a whole lot of diapers when he comes home from his year in Iraq!!

2 comments:

Sarita said...

oh my gosh ... that cracked me up. How sweet of the hubby though :-)

Adventures in our army life said...

That was soo sweet of Jeremiah! What type of cloth ciapers do you use? I am wanting to venture into the world of cloth diapers and have looked into gdiapers and bumgenious..any advice?