Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Little Climber!


Last week, I enrolled Alex at MyGym because he has several other little friends who go there.  It's basically a giant playground with ball pits, things to climb on, tunnels, mirrors, trampolines, and all kinds of other things to explore!  I decided to join as part of my "Operation Wear Alex Out".  We go to an hour long class one day a week and then we can go other times during the week to play.  He seems to really enjoy it!  I'm not sure it's wearing him out as much as I wanted it to, but he seems to have fun and gets some of his energy out!

One thing I didn't realize until we started going was how good Alex is at climbing things!  He loves to climb the stairs and the mats...particularly the stairs leading to the ball pit!  He doesn't do much in the ball pit, but he just loves being in it.  I think maybe it gives him sort of a floating sensation.  He also absolutely LOVES the tunnels!!  He is fearless about crawling on in them.  Today, I kept going from one side to the other side and he would only stay in the middle.  He was happy there though...laughing and smiling!  I just finally had to pull him out so that the other kids could play in it!

I haven't taken any photos there yet, but here's one of him climbing under the coffee table...



And, here is one of him climbing out the doggie door....

No comments: