Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Things!

Alex did several new things yesterday, so this is just a quick blog to share those things!

1. I had a strawberry-banana smoothie yesterday. Alex was really interested in the straw and started chewing on it. I didn't really think much of it, but then a few seconds later I realized that he had figured out how to use the straw! He had a mouth full of smoothie and was saying "num, num, num." Needless to say, he was pretty excited about that, so it's going to be hard to drink things with a straw around him now!!

2. He has thought the doggie door was SUPER interesting for about a month now. He always watches very intently when Little goes in and out of it. A while back, he figured out that he could move the flap and stick a hand out or kind of peek outside. Yesterday afternoon, he got more adventurous! At first, he had an arm out...then an arm and his head...then next thing I know he was half out and half in! He got a little stuck with his big ol' cloth diaper and I had to help him out. I wish that I could have snapped a picture, but my camera and my phone were in the other room and I didn't think I should leave him there alone. I'm thinking the doggie door will have to be closed up from now on....I'll have some work to do to help Little understand that...

3. Last night, I made some SteamFresh sweet peas. I decided to let Alex try them and he really liked them! He is so funny....he is still not at all interested in being fed baby food with a spoon, but he's getting very interested in any food that he can feed himself. I was really proud that I got something "green" in him because I want him to eventually be a good eater like his mommy (instead of his daddy who doesn't eat many veggies)! In fact, he ate more peas than I have ever seen Jeremiah eat!!! =)