Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Alex Loves the Nightlife! =)

Alex turned 6 weeks yesterday and he's still not showing any signs that he's ready to sleep through the night. He continues to wake up about every 3 hours through the night to eat....after all he is a growing boy! I have to say he is a really good little guy at night though. He wakes up, nurses, and usually goes right back to sleep again. Sometimes, he cries louder and I always know that means there is a dirty diaper needing changing! Last night we had a wake up session that was a little more eventful than usual, so I thought I'd share it....

He woke up about 4:30 AM and I could tell it was one of those times that he was needing a change. We went into his room to the changing table and started changing his diaper. Well, sometime in there while I was sliding in the new diaper, he decided to let loose pooping again. It went all over the place...on the new diaper, up his back, onto his pj's, and onto the changing table. I grabbed some wipes and started cleaning up things, so I could slip in another new diaper. During this process, Alex decided to let loose some more and sprayed me with pee!! As I was frantically trying to clean things up, get the poop off of him, and get a new diaper on him before anything more could come out, Alex looked up at me and gave me the hugest, most beautiful grin. He sure knows how to put a smile on my face even during the yuckiest, poopiest moments of being a mom!!

On another note, we went out to lunch with my friend Monique today, so he was dressed up cute. I decided to snap a few pictures of him and I got this really great one. Doesn't he look like such a big guy?!?!?

1 comment:

Dana Brown said...

He is so precious!