Friday, January 15, 2010

First Ride in the Shopping Cart!

Yesterday, my mom and I planned an outing with Alex to Hubbell & Hudson, a new gourmet grocery market here in The Woodlands. It was a TON of fun to explore the store. They have lots of great organic produce, delicious gelatto (yes I had to have some!), wonderful bread, and tons of other great stuff you just don't see at your average grocery store! We had fun walking around the store, exploring, and trying a few of the samples! They even have a refrigerated "Beer Alley" (photo below) that made me think of Jeremiah...he would LOVE all the beer from around the world...too bad he's on the other side of the world.

The best part of the whole trip was that Alex got to try sitting up in the shopping cart like a big boy! He LOVED it! As soon as I set him in there, he squealed with happiness! I think he really liked having the freedom it gave him. I'm also really excited that his first shopping cart experience was at this gourmet store. Maybe it will help him become a good little cook one day, unlike his mommy!

We also bought Alex some frozen Happy Baby organic sweet potatoes and pears to try. They look really good and really did not cost more than the Gerber Organic or Earth's Best foods, so I can't wait to see what he thinks of them!





1 comment:

Dana Brown said...

I love H&H! I wish we had one in Austin!